Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life Changes

Ok so its been many months since I last posted a blog and for good reason. I wondered how long it would take me before I let the whole world in on whats going on in my life so here it goes. After a lot of soul searching I have divorced my wife. Over the past few years I have struggled with this feeling that something wasnt right in my life but I never wanted to face it head on. Im not sure if it was the security of 19 years of marriage or the fear of "not knowing" that was holding me back. When I first began my quest to loose weight I told a lot of people that one of the first thing that you have to do in order to loose weight is find out what is depressing you and causing you to turn to food for comfort, what I was not ever willing to tell anyone is I knew what it was March 2006 that was making me so unhappy. I struggled through the weight loss alone, and went to many marathons by myself because we just didnt have the same goals or interest and it was pushing us further and further from each other. Over the past 9 months or so I have noticed that I have gained weight back and I reached a point where it was my life or change and I have chosen change. Some of you wont understnd my reasoning and thats ok I dont expect for you to because you dont and havent lived my life.
On the positive side of this my children are doing great and have adjusted better then I thought they would. I have met someone who is wonderful and makes me happy, she also is a runner and pushes me to do my best and not give up. She has a wonderful heart and great personality and we share a lot of the same interest. I have began to loose the weight that I gained back but i know its not going be easy but at least its only 59 lbs instead of 187 lbs. I am mainly writing this blog because I have heard the whispers and wanted to set everyones mind straight. Im looking forward to the Huntsville Half Marathon as it is my first big race to direct and I never realized how much goes into putting one of these on. Hope to see a lot of you there.

2 comments:

Mistyfied said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. I was wondering if you were ok lately. I am very happy for you. Hope to see you soon.

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^