Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Half Marathon PR

Today went great. I ran the Luke's locker half marathon today in Houston. I could not believe how great I felt during and after the race. I had none of the usual pains that I have during the race. I actually relaxed and just ran. I have chosen not to use the power gels this year and it seems to be working out for me as I don't get that upset feeling in my stomach. I also surprising to me didn't have the soreness that I usually get when I run long distance in a race. Which I can only figure comes from pushing myself harder then I do when I train at long distance. Anyway I ran a new half marathon pr today by running a 1:50:05 which is 2 minutes faster that my fastest half. I'm hoping if this trend continues that I will be able to get in under 3 hrs in Houston. One can only hope. On a side not I would like to thank Bill Dwyer and Jon Walk for the hospitality in letting me store my bag at the woodlands tent today. And thanks Jon for the encouragement during the race it really helped.

3 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Congrats! Keep up the good momentum!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Great job!

Tiggs said...

good to meet you in person!!! wtg on the race...a PR!!! yay!