Saturday, October 11, 2008

Huntsville Half Marathon

I started to get down on myself for my finishing time for today's half marathon here in Huntsville until I came home and realized that I did pretty dang good. I finished 4 minutes faster then last year on the same course. So that was great. I would have like to have been in the top three in my age group but theres always next yr. I ended up 7th in my age group and 66 overall. Not bad for an ex fat guy who turns 37 in10 days. Congratulations to all my fellow seven hills club members who ran and finished their races today also to the volunteers and committee chairs great job well done.

5 comments:

K said...

Norman, you looked great out there today! When my 10 year old daughter saw you, she got so excited! She recognized you from your blog and she has been following your journey through my re-telling!

You are an inspiration to all, young and the not-so-young...LOL

Norman said...

Thank you so much..

Anonymous said...

Way to go Norman!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Great seeing you out there yesterday! 37??? Still young!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your encouragement these last few months. You're an inspiration to many.