Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sugarland 30K

I went out and ran the 30k in Sugarland today and it was a great experience I say that because it afforded me the chance to watch on of the best runners Seven Hills has achieve a goal that she has been shooting for. Congratulations to my friend Adrienne for the wonderful run you had today. I am so proud of you you did great. As for me I feel like I really let my self down today. I cant figure out what I did wrong but I came in at 3:00:00. 15 minutes slower then last year for the same course. I guess after all the PR's I have been setting for myself things were bound to go south sooner or later but I will recover and be ready for The Texas Marathon in Kingwood on January 1st. It was great to see Holden, Jon, Bill, and Ben today and to meet Adrienne's family so it was worth the trip.

3 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement-that helped get me to the line on time. It was great having you out on the course with me yesterday!

By the way...I have your race bib.

Anonymous said...

I think PRs are dangerous. I love running and the races are just a great venue to have support and other runners together to enjoy what we love. Getting caught up in times turns running into work. I know that isn't for me even if it is for others. Good race though!

Norman said...

I would agree with you except for me its about pushing myself to see just how far I can go. I love running withall my heart but I always try and set a goal not finishing is not an option for me. So I choose time as my challenge. I want boston before I turn 40 and the only way I see to achieve that is to push and make it happen.