Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hogs Hunt

Well its no secret that I have been battling with my weight the past few months. This is no surprise to me because I have known that it is going to be a life time battle. I decided to run the hogs hunt 50k yesterday what was I thinking was the first thought that came to my mind when I woke up at 430 to get ready. I made it out the park and set up the race clock for Paul with a few minor problems that were worked out after we started the race. I took my first fall at right after we hit the dirt trail. On that fall I hit the big toe that has been giving me grief since Christmas.
Somewhere along the course I met up with Karen and her friend Tiffany and stayed with them the rest of the race or at least with Tiffany, as Karen was doing great and went on ahead. at some point in the race the heat had become so high that I decided that for the most part I was going to finish this race walking but I was going to finish. Tiffany and I stayed together till the end. she kept telling me that if it wasn't for me she wouldn't have finished but the truth is because of her I finished. Sometimes in these long races my mind starts messing with me and if I would have been alone I would have never crossed the finish line.
Karen I want to thank you and Tiffany for listening to my endless chatter and thank you for introducing me to a knew friend.
If she has her way Ill be running the 50 miler with you and her.
I almost forgot my finish time was 8:00:59 I think the clock clicked but I think it had done so after I crossed the finish otherwise its an 8:01:00 either way I finished.

4 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Congrats on the finish! It's so neat the friends you meet doing these crazy things! Thanks for your kind words.

Your family also did a great job (and had the best-tasting HEED mixture)at the aid station!

Anonymous said...

Great job Norman! Congrats on your finish.

Katy Lampson said...

hey norman! sorry i missed you saturday! awesome job on the 50K...there is no way i could have done that loop again in that heat!!

K said...

Norman, you were definitely the hero! Thank you for being there for all of us!! I enjoyed your conversation and look forward to hearing more from you sometime!