Monday, May 19, 2008

6.09 miles and a new job!!!!

Well I went out this afternoon and it was a great run the weather was beautiful , heck it was that way all day even though I woke to a bright full moon. Today I finally got the news I have been waiting to hear since I was 5 yrs old and that is no exaggeration. Today I got a phone call from the fire chief of Huntsville, Texas asking me If after all this testing and interview process I wanted a job working for his department as a full time firefighter. I don't think I have to tell any of you what my answer was. For a little while today I thought about the times when I was 5 yrs old and dad would get a call and ask me if I wanted to go. (It was the 70's and fireman did things like that, how do thing they got the idea for that scene in backdraft.) we would go to the station and he would put me in the front seat and off we would go. I was hooked man at 5 I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up and now 36 yrs later its actually going to happen its crazy but I'm totally excited.

7 comments:

Streaker said...

Congratulations on your new job. As a retired Texas Department of Criminal Justice employee, I hate to see you leave the agency. It needs more good employees like you. On the other hand, it will be nice to have you as a Huntsville Firefighter - especially if my house catches on fire. Your next task will be to get those firefighters away from the domino table and out running.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job!

WalkSports.com said...

Incredible news. Congratulations!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Congratulations! That is exciting news-you are on a roll this year!

Tiggs said...

alright!!!!!

K said...

How Wonderful, Norman! Obviously, God has great plans for you!!!

Katy Lampson said...

Yay!!! I've been away from the blog world as of recent, so I just read the news! I'm so happy for you!!!