Sunday, April 6, 2008

Big D Marathon!!!

Well I had a great day today and I let myself down at the same time. The weather in Dallas was great, it was predicted to get to 80 but stayed around 59. The course was really hilly but that wasn't a problem for this boy from hilly Huntsville. I met a few nice people that I hung with for about 8 miles. Then came my problem, Mother Nature called and it cost me two dang minutes. I finished at 4:00:21.30. As most of you know I was shooting for a sub 4 hour marathon so that i could take it kinda easy this next weekend in Groveton. Oh well Groveton is flat and I'm ready, I WILL get the dang sub 4 hr time I want come hell or high water. Some of you may ask why am i trying so hard my first year of marathoning. I want a good point to start out at this next Marathon season on my quest to BQ.

Lets see Final results for today- 4:00:21.30(PR)
Overall place 106
Age group place and this was the best part: 17th woo hoo

2 comments:

Katy Lampson said...

Norman, you are so motivating! Never a discouraging word. There is no doubt in my mind you will be in Boston soon!

I'll be chasing you in Groveton next weekend!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Nature, wrong turns, etc. All in a good day's running! Keep it up!