Saturday, April 12, 2008

Groveton Bear Chase Marathon


Well I ran the Bear Chase marathon today and it was tough. Not that it was a demanding course more like tough because my body was a little more tired then I wanted it to be. I went out pretty fast around 750 minutes pace and felt pretty descent thru the first half. The only parts that bummed me out were the dirt trail parts of the marathon they really slowed me down. Guess I need to spend more time in the park to over come that. I finished with a time of 4hrs3min39sec. This is slower then I wanted to finish but I accept it because the more I have thought about it I have a had a great marathon season. I ran 5 marathons in my first season shaved 26 minutes off my first marathon time and completed the Marathon Challenge. What do I have to be mad about I see next season being a time of broken PR's and possibly a BQ yr. I also wont forget the great time I had at TIR and I'm looking forward to running that great event with the members of 7 hill. Let me take a chance to tell Katy way to go on your run. Hey don't think for a minute I didn't think about cutting my run to a half. You yourself have had a great season and I'm proud of you.

3 comments:

K said...

You and Katy are amazing! 5 marathons plus the TIR... amazing!

Katy Lampson said...

Norman, your determination never ceases to amaze me! You have so many accomplishments to be proud of, and you are so lucky to have your family always there cheering you on! It was so sweet watching them all peering over the side of the bleachers anxiously awaiting your finish. Priceless..

Congratulations!!!

Tiggs said...

congrats on your race. you'll get that sub 4 soon enough. I'd be thrilled with a sub 5 myself!! Rest up and let your body relax a bit :)

Congrats!!