Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sunny day In Huntsille

Well I got up and went out for my first run since Saturday and the Bear Chase. I knocked out 8 and 1/2 miles today and it was nice out. I found something on the Internet a while back that I know fits all the people who read my blog and it kinda sums up how I feel now that I have completed 5 marathons. Some of you may have seen it before and if so that's ok. The words never seemed to fit me after only running Houston anyway here it is.

I'm A Marathoner
I know I'm only competing against myself
I set goals and work hard to accomplish them
I understand the power of the human will
I strive to help others in their quest for success
I know I can face whatever road lies ahead
I am not satisfied with the Status Quo
My true self shines thru
I am a MARATHONER

Ok so I felt pretty dang good this afternoon and decided that i would go and join the other people from Seven Hills for the 5k training run from Bandera Grill. I figured its wasn't that far so I ran the mile and a quarter and got there later. I followed the mapped path and when I got back to the grill no one was there. Anyway I ran a total of 13.79 miles today.

No comments: