Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall Fun Run

A nice group came out today for the 2008 Fall Fun Run on Veterans Memorial. The weather was great with a race start temperature of around 58. As usual anytime I run with John Slate I pushed myself out fast early and finished my first mile in 7:07 which is great for me. everything felt pretty good so I tried to to keep John in eye site even if it was at a distance man I wish I had his speed. I thought I had a pretty good lead on everyone else then I heard foot steps behind me and here came Ana Rojas and she caught me right before the turn around point. I chased her for the rest of the race until the last half mile when I finally passed her back up and took second place overall. I'm starting to think I need to find a training partner because when I run alone I don't push myself enough. Thanks John and Ana for forcing me to push myself harder. I also want to say way to go to Lavonne Zaiontz, I knew you could do it. And Ken Johnson two days after surgery out running a 10k. I told you before I hope I'm still running as strong as you when I get your age. Well I'm out for a long run enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANKS for running back in with me. I appreciate the "push".