Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good day of running!!!!!!

Well after I blogged this morning I went over to Veterans Memorial for a 12 mile run. I started at the normal starting line that the club uses because i had been told if you run the whole road and back its 12 miles round trip, this is not so so I had to run down the feeder road past the front entrance to Elkins Lakes to make the distance. I was really worried that the temperature was going to rise faster then i could complete the run but even at 1230 when i finished it was still from what i could feel in the 70degree range. I really needed that hilly workout and I'm glad i did it. With the half just a few weeks away I want to be ready for the big hills at the start of the race. The only real worry I had the whole morning was that my Garmin decided to give me a message at the end of mile one, It all the sudden tells me that its battery is low. I decided to see just how far I it would last and I ran the whole thing on a low battery and it still worked. I guess i need to remember to charge it after every run.

2 comments:

Streaker said...

If you start at the southwest corner of the mall and run Veterans Memorial Blvd. all the way to the I-45 service road, it's 4.7 miles. It is another .7 miles down the service road to the entrance to Elkins Lake. The total one way is 5.4 miles. The up and down hill nature of Veterans is probably good training for Marathon 2 Marathon. Good to see you at the club run yesterday.

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

I didn't know where that road ended for some reason. Learn something new everyday!