Monday, March 31, 2008

Post Run Note


Hey the craziest thing happened while I was out running today. I was following my normal route down 10Th street towards 75south and I passed what looked like a small dead animal and since I see a lot of those at first I didn't think anything of it. But as I got just past it, it moved and that of course made me stop. Well it ended up being a baby raccoon maybe two days old laying in the dang street where it could get hit by a car and no mama in site. So I flagged down car and asked them to call animal control. A police officer showed up and we moved it to the curb where no one would hit it. the game warden was supposed to be on the way. I continued on my run and when I came back by it was still there. i ran on home took a shower and went back to check on it. I put it in a crate and called the game warden myself. Looks like we will have a small visitor for the night and they will come by and get it in the morning. I know some of you may be thinking I'm crazy but i couldn't just let the little thing die. Like i have said before we runners are the luckiest people because we see thing everyone else misses.

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

omg that is so cute! good on you for taking it home!

Katy Lampson said...

Aww. How sweet! I need the rest of the story. What happened the next day?