Sunday, March 23, 2008

Saturday and Sunday

Well I learned an important lesson today about this blogging site if you don't post your daily blog on the same day you miss out because you cant back date. Saturday was another wonderful day for running and I took advantage of it and went for a 9 mile run out FM 1791, it felt great. Today (Sunday) I thought about taking the day off from running but I promised the family I would grill burgers and sausage for dinner so I figured if I wanted to enjoy Easter dinner with them i had better go for a run so I could burn off some calories. I thought it was going to be one of those kinda runs where I really have to push myself to get thru it but on the return trip I pushed the pace and my body responded to the tune of 3 miles at a 7:15 pace. My body still surprises me daily, just when I think it has given me all it can it gives me a little more. This week I'm going to run a few 14 milers maybe more if it feels right, but I know I need to start pushing the distances a little with Dallas only 12 days away. I want that sub 4 hr so bad I can taste it. I know someone will respond with be careful not to get injured and believe me I'm listening to my body if it says take a break I will.

No comments: